“GoDaddy is exceptionally well-known in the hosting space — deemed the World’s #1 Domain Name Registrar. They make it incredibly easy and affordable for folks to choose a domain name, sign up for hosting, and start building their online business or personal web property. While known for their domain, email, and shared hosting services, GoDaddy offers options for virtual and dedicated servers as well. They make the upgrade process as seamless as possible, so you shouldn’t shy away from scaling your site as your business needs grow.
The user control options are pretty popular in the hosting space: your choice between the easy-to-use cPanel or Plesk control panels, plus Root (administrative) access for more tech-savvy customers. If you’re particularly interested in webmail, GoDaddy offers their GoDaddy Workspace feature, an intuitive interface for keeping up with the unlimited email accounts you have available to you as a customer. All of this can be easily accessed and secured with your GoDaddy login info that you receive upon sign-up.
Customer support has been a focus of the GoDaddy team as they constantly work to improve. Today, they have an award-winning team of experts on staff, readily available to handle customer support tickets and emails 24 hours a day, seven days a week. While they’re on hand to talk you through any issues, they’re also keeping an eye on your server (as well as other clients sharing your server). Their security monitoring is round-the-clock and they guarantee uptime rates of 99.9% or better. This uptime rate is by no means outstanding in the industry, but for most end-users, it’s all that’s required. Their page load speeds (the time it takes for your webpages to load) are industry-leading, however.
The bottom line is this: GoDaddy is a go-to domain web host for millions of users world-wide for a reason. They maintain their ever-expanding network of users by offering blazing-fast load times, award-winning security and support, and a free domain name when you sign up for a year-long plan. It’s a great hosting deal, particularly for first-timers and SMB owners, at a really great (low!) price point.”
1. Industry-Leading Page Loads & Domain Hosting
– Using cPanel for Linux, GoDaddy has some of the fastest page load times imagineable.
– As the World’s #1 Domain Name Registrar, GoDaddy offers appealingly-low pricing. Quickly select and register for a personalized domain name and then sign up for the hosting to support your new site in one fell swoop.
– If you sign up for one of their annual hosting plans, GoDaddy will include your domain name at no additional cost.
2. Award-Winning Security & Expert Support
– GoDaddy has 24/7 security monitoring and DDoS protection to keep your site safe from hackers and malicious bots.
– Keeping a website secure is a full-time job that should be left to the experts. Luckily, GoDaddy has a dedicated security team to keep an eye on your site and your server.
– In addition, GoDaddy monitors the usage of other clients on your server to make sure that your performance stays consistent and fast.
3. Simple Installation of Popular Web Apps
– Using an industry standard like cPanel has a lot of advantages. GoDaddy takes pride in the speed of their administration panel, which conveniently allows for a lot of common applications to be installed in mere minutes.
– There are options for 1-click installs of CMSs such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and others.
– If you want an eCommerce shop, Magento is available too. For most users, these 1-click installation options save a lot of time and effort.
4. More Advanced Options for Seasoned Users
– In addition to shared hosting, GoDaddy offers dedicated, VPS, and even WordPress-specific hosting packages.
– Their WordPress-specific hosting is some of the most affordable in the industry, especially when you factor in the top-notch performance.
– The VPS option allows for seamless scaling as your site grows. GoDaddy allows for resource allocation and upgrades without having to provision a new server.