Everything you need to know before the Patriots-Jaguars game
Patriots (1-0) at Jaguars (1-0)
Sunday, 4:25 p.m. ET, CBS
Opening line – Pick-em
Record vs. spread – Patriots 1-0, Jaguars 1-0
Seriesrecord – Patriots lead 11-1
Lastmeeting – Patriots beat Jaguars 24-20 in AFC championship game, Jan. 21, 2018
Lastweek – Patriots beat Texans 27-20; Jaguars beat Giants 20-15
APPro32ranking – Patriots No. 1, Jaguars No. 5
Patriotsoffense – Overall (8), Rush (12), Pass (10)
Patriotsdefense – Overall (11), Rush (29), Pass (8)
Jaguarsoffense – Overall (25), Rush (10), Pass (24)
Jaguars defense– Overall (10), Rush (16), Pass (11)
Streaks, stats and notes
– Rematch of the AFC title game in January. Patriots rallied from 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter.
– Patriots have won all seven regular-season meetings and eight straight overall in series.
– Tom Brady is 8-0 vs Jaguars, who are the only AFC team without a win against the five-time Super Bowl champion and three-time league MVP.
– Brady has 19 touchdown passes and two interceptions against Jacksonville while completing more than 70 percent of passes for more than 1,800 yards.
– Brady has 224 career wins, one shy of NFL record set by Adam Vinatieri.
– Brady also has touchdown passes to 69 players, one shy of NFL record held by journeyman Vinny Testaverde.
– Patriots owner Robert Kraft looking for 300th career win.
– Patriots running back James White has 13 touchdown receptions since 2015, more than any other NFL back.
– Jaguars are 11-12 in home openers and haven’t won one since 2011.
– Jaguars have won six consecutive home games, their third-longest streak in franchise history and tied with the Panthers for league’s third-longest current streak. Only the Vikings (seven) and the Patriots (eight) have longer ones.
– Quarterback Blake Bortles has thrown for 903 yards, with seven touchdowns and no interceptions, in last three regular-season games at home.
– Jaguars scored nine defensive touchdowns, including postseason, in last 20 games (2017-18) — most in NFL. Patriots, meanwhile, haven’t scored defensive touchdown since 2015.
– Jaguars defensive end Dante Fowler returns from one-game suspension. Fowler sacked Brady twice in the AFC title game.
– Running back Leonard Fournette (hamstring) missed practice this week. If he doesn’t play, T.J. Yeldon would get bulk of work.
– Expect better performances from Patriots WR Chris Hogan and Jaguars WR Donte Moncrief. Each managed one catch on five targets in his opener.